Risk Management Specialist- Tennessee
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Key Risk, a member of Berkley Insurance Company, is a leading provider of workers compensation insurance products and services for employers throughout the eastern United States. With a sole focus on workers compensation, Key Risk works with Key Alliance agents, insurance clients, self-insured employers, and the injured workers they support to create solutions specific to their needs. Enriching each client's risk management strategies, Key Risk creates and executes comprehensive solutions proven to protect people, support business, and exceed expectations.
Committed to delivering better outcomes and industry leading service, Key Risk operates from headquarters in Greensboro, NC and through regional offices and territory-dedicated staff in the states of Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia. This regional approach provides agents and clients with the benefit of working with experts who have first-hand knowledge of the local workers compensation market.
Key Risk is committed to fostering a diverse and professional setting for all its employees. Through an ongoing commitment to innovation, continuous improvement and education, Key Risk attracts and retains associates with a unique blend of workers compensation expertise and a passion for excellence. We are proud to have been recognized among Business Insurance's Best Places to Work in 2009 and 2011.
The Risk Management Specialist is primarily responsible to work with Key Risk policyholders and Key Alliance agents to mitigate policyholder loss potential, retain profitable business and strengthen agency relationships. This position also establishes clients' risk management business plans, participates in the client risk management process and identifies and supports opportunities to enhance client management of occupational risk.
The Risk Management Specialist provides technical and business management support to Key Risk clients and business units. Must be able to understand and apply business strategies and tactics to achieve department and corporate goals. Primary ongoing source of direct client interaction at the management and executive levels. Management of a diverse client account book of business primarily over $100,000 in premium. Responsible to complete risk assessments, make appropriate recommendations and coordinate service with team members for business under $100,000. Span of authority is directly related to influencing clients as it relates to creating safety and risk management plans, reducing incidents and total indemnity cost and improving workplace safety and health. Active participation in achieving and maintaining profitable client accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety, Health, Science, Engineering, or related experience required
- Must have at least two (2) years of direct occupational safety, health or related engineering experience in the insurance, manufacturing, service, or consulting industries
- Demonstrate use of effective written and oral communication with client management and employees and internal stakeholders as it relates to providing high quality occupational risk management, technical and consulting services.
- Demonstrate success in working in a team environment.
- Solid analytical thinking and decision-making skills in order to anticipate, assess and respond to clients, underwriting and other internal stakeholders.
- Maintenance of professional certification and accreditation. Obtain appropriate designation if not already certified (ARM, CRM, CSP, CPCU, etc.
- Travel as needed
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.