Provide technical and business management support to Key Risk clients and business units. Must be able to understand and apply business strategies and tactics to achieve department and corporate goals. Primary ongoing source of direct client interaction at the management and executive levels. Management of a diverse client account book of business primarily over $100,000 in premium. Responsible to complete risk assessments, make appropriate recommendations and coordinate service with team members for business under $100,000. Span of authority is directly related to influencing clients as it relates to creating safety and risk management plans, reducing incidents and total indemnity cost, and improving workplace safety and health. Active participation in achieving and maintaining profitable client accounts.
A. Occupational Risk Analysis/Risk Management
1. Identify sources of potential safety and health hazards for client accounts and assist with managing opportunities for preventing incidents and improving the occupational risk management process. Make recommendations to clients to address exposures when appropriate.
2. Ability to use objective data and information to anticipate, identify, evaluate and analyze physical, environmental, chemical and biological hazards for a myriad of work environments for current and potential client accounts.
3 Utilization of cognitive skills and experiences to generate timely recommendations and risk management initiatives in order to prevent and/or reduce potential for future incidents.
4. Provide risk analysis support to Underwriting by evaluating the quality of risks and improving account performance.
5. Develop and implement systems and processes that ensure compliance with Key Risk requirements and guidelines. Develop Integrated Action Plans (IAPs) to keep track of service commitments. Assist with safety and health laws and regulations as well as corporate policies and goals.
6. Identify potential occupational risk elements and assist in development of alternative solutions. Evaluate client progress to ensure expectations are being met.
7. Design practices, processes, and procedures that are effective, understandable and repeatable.
B. Technical Excellence
1. Maintain core competencies. Comprehensive knowledge of major safety and health statues and regulations, management systems, and reporting requirements. Current working knowledge of applicable occupational safety and health best practices, guidelines, and industry standards.
2. Solid knowledge and understanding of Key Risk management systems, practices, and core values and their function in protecting and advancing essential corporate interests. Maintain a solid understanding of workers' compensation insurance as it relates to the management of risk.
3. Specialized knowledge and technical skills for industry niches and business sectors.
4. Present technical and management information to client accounts to support Underwriting and Claims units.
C. Customer Service Excellence
1. Establish and maintain effective relationships with key players and stakeholders within the client organization. Understand assigned client's operations, organizational roles, strategies, plans, safety and health risks, and management programs.
2. Understanding of the client's value chains, business objectives, restraints and the potential impact of safety and health conditions.
3. Effective communication of occupational safety and health risks and opportunities to improve and enhance account performance to client management personnel and internal stakeholders.
D. Client Management/Business Development
1. Establish and maintain effective client relationships with key management, agency and other stakeholders.
2. Identify strategic and tactical opportunities to leverage existing and future business with client accounts.
3. Active participation on assigned Key Risk client management teams.
The primary purpose of this position is to deliver quality customer service to Key Risk accounts (KRIC and Alternative Risk Services) in an effort to retain profitable business.